7.13.2008

Slice of Life #3

I'll chose the Writer’s Choice for July 13, 2008.

I'm a little stuck with daily to do's this past week. I've not been away anywhere except in the house lazing around. But I am looking forward to next Saturday's event! My little boy will have his Christening! I'm a little sad because some of his Godparents cannot come because they live abroad. Actually, we are at my home country now since we live abroad too so it's expected that our friends are there. I know that already that they cannot come. But still I am a little sad that only 5 of then will be here..Am I doing the right thing? I don't want that my parents and in-laws cannot attend that special day too. That's why we are here to celebrate.

Anyway, I am looking forward to that day. Seems like yesterday that me and the husband started our life together..Now, we are parents. And I just hope that we are doing the right things for our 2 boys..

Happy Weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Eve said...

I'm not sure how important godparents are. I have to believe you are doing the right thing if you are with your families.

I hope it is a lovely day for all of you.

Anonymous said...

My children did not have godparents although I understand the tradition. As a parent we must make decisions everyday in the best interest of our children. Trust your heart on this one.

Anonymous said...

it's still cool
at least 5 can attend
hope the christening goes all well!

Anonymous said...

It's difficult when you can't have all your loved ones with you for special events. When my twins were blessed, only one set of grandparents could come. When my daughter was baptized, only my Dad and sister made it. Still, I know I am where I am supposed to be. I'm sure you are too - trust yourself and those intuitions. You've got them mom. :)

Thank you for sharing your slice of life with us!